Thursday, January 29, 2009

Good times...bad times

This past week my sister Julie and (her kids Jacey & Even) Colton and I drove to Oregon to visit our other sister Katie. Katie just had her 2nd baby girl. McKenzie is such a sweet girl & we had fun hanging out and helping Katie as much as week could.

Half way through the week things got a little crazy. Colton burnt his hand on the oven door and had to take him to the ER (broke my heart to see my boy in that much pain) a few hours after getting back from the ER Colton started throwing up...this continued for the next three days 2-3 times a day. We couldn't figure out why, was in the burn, or the flu, or was he allergic to the baby Tylenol or Motrin. I stopped giving him pain medicine just in case. It turned out that it was the stomach flu that he must have gotten from a restaurant or the ER. He past it on to Chloe and Jacey a few days later.

Here are a few pictures:


This is a week after it happened. Hard to see but the blister goes all the way up his 4 fingers. Ouch!



Kezie is such good baby, hardly cried at all








Jacey is so photogenic! Good luck Dad keeping the boys away...

5 comments:

the Painters January 30, 2009 at 9:14 AM  

Oh Natalie I'm so sorry about Colton's hand. It looks so ouchie! I cannot imagine the pain it must have caused you all to watch him suffer. What a trooper he is!

Amy January 30, 2009 at 1:12 PM  

What a sad story. I'm sorry you both had to go through that. It is tougher when they are little too. On a brighter note your pictures are great especially the one of your niece.

Heidi February 1, 2009 at 7:42 PM  

oh my gosh! THat poor little sweet hand. I'm sooo sorry! give him a kiss for us!

Beth February 2, 2009 at 7:34 AM  

Poor Colton. That looks so painful!! Your pictures look amazing!

Annette Bybee February 3, 2009 at 8:01 AM  

Ouch! Poor little Colton! I dread Abigail's first real injury or sickness. I freak if she gets a bad diaper rash! You're right, Jacie just gets cuter all the time. (Dora!!!!)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP