Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas Eve 2010

I know Christmas was so last year.....but I am trying to catch up before it's way too late :)

On Christmas Eve when when to the movies as a family.  We were the only ones in the theater (which the hubs loved)   We saw Yogi Bear, I would have loved to see Tangled...but that a whole another story :)

This was the first year we did Christmas Eve and Christmas morning in our own home.  I loved it!  I adore the traditions that come along with Christmas and feel a little lost when I don't have the ones I'm used to.

We decided to to teach Colton the true meaning of Christmas, after all he knew all about Santa, reindeer, and presents under the tree (mostly from watching Polar Express everyday)  We acted out the nativity story with the help of a set we have.

Then Ted read "Twas the Night Before Christmas"  A tradition I grew up with, he even changed some of the wording to make it extra silly like my dad does.


Then....
We let Colton open one present, another fun tradition that both Ted and I had as children.
Of course Santa needed a treat.  pecan tarts were the only holiday baking I did this year because of the gestational diabetes and even then I ate way too many of them.  Colton didn't mind sharing  3 out of the 4 treats, but could help eating just one :) 



2 comments:

Bradley and Jennie January 8, 2011 at 8:43 AM  

Cute! I Love that Santa left a note for Colton!

*Lauren* January 8, 2011 at 10:13 AM  

We've got that Christmas Eve Tradition too. It's a good one! How was the movie?

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP