Sunday, March 14, 2010

Not your Grandma's slipcover....

This post is a little random for me but I thought I'd share. We were given this pink wing back chair a few months ago. (Thanks Jim and Mary :) It's been living in Colton's brown and blue room and not quite fitting in. I love the shape but the color...not so much. I thought about making a slip cover for it, only for a few seconds knowing how it would turn out and knowing I don't have patience for sewing anything other than straight lines....

...anyways I ended up buying this slipcover from amazon. It looks better then pictured because I found these corkscrew upholstery pins that keeps the fabric tucked into the back creases of the chair, giving a more fitted look.

*The morel of this story is they make slipcovers so much better then they used to and don't too afraid to try one out cause then your kiddo might have a cool new place to read a book :)

before and after...

2 comments:

Amy March 30, 2010 at 5:16 PM  

I wish I would have thought of that before I sold my two chairs. It looks great!

Unknown April 6, 2010 at 7:39 PM  

Yay for Amazon!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP