Monday, September 13, 2010

Details of the ultrasound

The last post was getting a little long so I thought this one needed it's own.

Three things to report:

1) She is 100 percent a girl...the doctor told us that boys don't have those parts.

2) I have a low lying placenta, meaning that the placenta is near my cervix and if it gets any closer I will have to have a c-section, this does not stress me out at all, in many ways I feel that having a c-section is taking the easy way out (for the baby it is) but if this isn't a problem I still might try for a vaginal delivery...I keep going back and forth on what I want.

3) On both of her kidneys the tube leading to the bladder there is a valve that keeps the urine going one way...down. Her valves are not working/are not fully developed yet. I'll have another ultrasound in 10 weeks to see if it has fixed itself. The ultrasound tec stressed that this is common and he thought that it would be fine and not to go home and google it. Worse case she would need surgery. I'm taking his advice and not stressing about it. Although I have imaged how hard it would be to send my newborn into surgery.

Funny side note: Ted didn't like the ultrasound tec much. He kept making silly jokes and would say things like "she has daddy's big nose" or "daddy's big ears" he would change the screen color to from black and white to red and white and tell us that she has red hair. Ted didn't like that he kept shaking the baby to get her to move to where he needed her to be, she wouldn't roll over and face up so he could see her heart better and he said that she was the naughtiest baby he had seen all day. I wasn't upset by him he made the ultrasound more entertaining.

PS. It is so much fun to see your unborn child for a full hour as you see all her little parts in detail. The cutest part was seeing her make the biggest yawn, I already love her so much.

her buff arm
20 week ultrasound ella buff arm

her little hand "tapping" at my belly to say hi
tap tap tappy little hand

1 comments:

Beth September 13, 2010 at 5:01 PM  

Congratulations on the girl! How fun for you!! And I hope everything else works out well for you!!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP