The Summer of the Potty
We couldn't be happier that Colton is potty trained! Once I knew we were thinking about adding to our family I knew that I wanted, if at all possible and without giving him "potty" issues the boy potty trained and only one in diapers at a time. We lucked out and he has never fraught it, of course it was a process and there are still accidents, but he is 100% in undies, I love not visiting the diaper/pull up aisle
Can I say that little boys in their undies are pretty much the cutest thing ever!
We introduced the potty when he turned two, then slowly put him on it more and more, some weeks just once or twice. Summer time is when we started to buckle down and get serious because by this time I had a deadline wanted to make and he wasn't fighting it.
This post is mostly for my records, I know I'm putting more detail then most care to know but I wanted to list all the bribes we used to reward/get him to go.
-smarties, they are small and I didn't feel bad for giving him one for just trying
-gummy worms, he liked them and I thought it was funny to call them pee pee gummies
-Snaps/pops and sparklers, in Utah July is a month of fireworks, and he loved them
-a FISH, Colton saw that his cousin had a beta fish and wanted one and I've been wanted to get him one too. I told him that if he didn't have any accidents for a week then he could get a fish, he decided he wanted a red one...we talked and talked about this red fish he was going to get, then a month or two later he earned his fish. This fish is his best friend, he loves him so much and it's teaching him some responsibility.
Starting out....
The other day
Jumping for joy!
throwing snaps after a "victory"
1 comments:
What a cutie, as always! I love the idea of getting him a fish. :)
Post a Comment